CORONA VIRUS HEALTH TIPS;HOW I GUARD MY MENTAL HEALTH DURING THE PANDEMIC(#COVID 19) | The Godpreneur

   
 Everything was going well, at least manageable for most people before the pandemic. At first, it was seen as "the Chinese virus",  lol, that Africans were immune to the Corona Virus. Until we had first case , we were still living like nothing was happening in other continent.
    Now, we are on lockdown, instructed to stay in our various houses. No school, no work , restricted movements, supply stores operate on strict observation, everyone is either on gloves, masks or washing their hands, hand sanitizers are almost as important as food. A lot of people are experiencing increased feelings of anxiety, powerlessness, impatience, frustration or irritability. They also feel uncertainty about the future, rapid change in social plans and schedules.
    When the lockdown started, i was excited because i needed a few days off work. Three days passed, my feelings changed. I became sad and frustrated , i had to snap out that space, real quick. I decided to adjust to the new reality because it's going to the norm for a period of time.
      Here are the major tips that has helped me guard my mental health during pandemic.

• TAKING PROPER CARE OF MY BODY:
          I started meditate more often, eat well balanced meals, moved around the house, got quality sleep, little bit of yoga. I began to feel more relaxed and at peace.

• TAKE BREAKS FROM THE NEWS:
          I reduced the rate at which i monitored the news. At a certain point, it can be more annoying than informative, it stirs up fear. Decided to get my necessary information related to COVID 19 via a valid site like World Health Organization https://www.who.int/ .

• CREATED NEW SCHEDULE, NEW LIFE PATTERN:
        On a normal day or week , my life was going to work, hangouts or checkout new restaurants etc. Now, i had to set up something unique to my likes and interests eg cooking, writing etc. It does not have to anything serious, it could include taking a walk at a certain time of the day.

• FOUND SOME POSITIVE DISTRACTIONS:
        So i am taking a couple of online classes that never had the time to attend because of my work schedule. Doing more research on topics of my interests. It's not compulsory that everyone must attend an online class or webinar seminar etc. Do what is unique to you, not everyone likes to attend classes. Just do you.

• CHECKED UP ON LOVED ONES:
          Checking up on friends and families is key, especially if you're far away from them or you live alone. It allows you value the little things that are taken for granted, a reminder that you're not alone.
   
   There's tips have been helpful to me, hope you find it useful. Please do comment other ways you're using to guard your mental health . Thanks. Follow on Instagram for more @thegodpreneur

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts